XAPK8 | 100% Copper, True Spec 8 Gauge Single Amplifier Wiring Installation Kit with Speaker Cable (No RCA)
• Single Amplifier 8 Gauge Power Installation Kit
• Ideal for systems up to 600 Watts RMS
• Includes Speaker Wire
• Silver-Tinned 100% Virgin Copper
• EnvyFlex Technology
• Solid Brass And Satin-Chromed ANL/Mini-ANL Fuse Holder With 60 amp Mini-ANL Fuse
100% Copper, True Spec 8 Gauge Single Amplifier Wiring Installation Kit with Speaker Cable (No RCA)
OFC vs. CCA Wiring: KNOW THE DIFFERENCE
A factor that is commonly overlooked in choosing any type of wiring kit is the material that the wire is made from. Copper and aluminum are the most commonly used wire materials and there is a significant difference in quality, power handling, and signal transfer between these materials. The least costly between these 2 options is Copper-Clad Aluminum (CCA) wire. CCA wire utilizes an aluminum core that is clad or dipped in copper. It is a suitable choice for lower-powered systems or restricted budget applications, although the power transfer is not on the same level as the far superior Oxygen-Free Copper (100% OFC) wiring. OFC wiring is refined to remove virtually all oxygen and other corrosive elements.
Oxygen-Free Copper wiring provides a superior electrical conductor to aluminum because it does not expand or contract with heat and can carry a higher current load. The improved efficiency of OFC wiring will also reduce the strain on your vehicle tremendously and allows your sound system to run at its maximum efficiency. While OFC wiring is more costly upfront, it provides much-improved corrosion resistance and greatly reduces your long term maintenance costs. CCA wiring often times will degrade to the point that it needs replacing much sooner than OFC wiring.
More Advantages to Oxygen-Free Copper Wiring
- Increased Conductivity to Carry More Current to Your Amplifier
- Reduced the Strain on Your Vehicle’s Electrical System
- Increased Corrosion Resistance
- Decreased Maintenance Costs
- Improved Heat Absorption
NVX stranded wire is extremely tolerant of the rough conditions in vehicles and compensates for vibration, heat expansion and flexibility. This flexible but well shielded wire is crucial for getting through all of the nooks and passage ways within the cramped confines of vehicle interiors.
The thickness of the actual wire, not the insulation, is critical when it comes to transferring the extraordinary current of your audio system. With hundreds of strands of wire in one cable you get an increased current flow and a higher amperage carrying capacity with a reduced cable size.
EnvyFlex insulation hinders electric current from exiting the wire prematurely which prevents electrocution and damage to components within the vehicle. Additionally, the insulation maintains the flexibility of the wire while preventing corrosion and damage in the hostile vehicle environment.
Bundled Copper Wires
In an attempt to beef up their wires, some manufactures use all aluminum or mix copper and aluminum to give the appearance of a quality cable. NVX wire is 100% oxygen free, silver tinned copper which reduces corrosion, increases current transfer, and won’t discolor the insulation of the wire.
NVX wire is hefty and strong, but not overly shielded to increase its weight. A quality cable just feels right with a perfect size to weight ratio that leaves it easy to handle but rugged enough to perform its duties.
Amplifier Kit Features:
- 8 Gauge Power Amplifier Installation Kit
- Designed specifically for car audio systems up to 600 watts RMS
- Made from silver-tinned 100% virgin copper for a pure uninterrupted transfer of power and signal
- The solid brass and satin-chromed ANL/Mini-ANL Fuse Holder offers ideal protection for high powered systems
- Strand count: 735
- BC-5W2 Compliant
- 1-year Manufacturer's warranty
- 20 ft. (6.1 meters) Frosted Blue 8 gauge power wire with seamless crimp ring terminal
- 3 ft. (.91 meters) Frosted Gray 8 gauge ground wire with seamless crimp ring terminal
- 20 ft. (6.1 meters) Clear 18 gauge remote lead wire
- 40 ft. (12.2 meters) Frosted Black/Blue 16 gauge speaker wire
- One NVX XMANL04 ANL/Mini-ANL Fuse Holder with 60 amp Mini-ANL fuse
- One 5/16" black rubber firewall grommet
- Two 8 gauge spade terminals
- Two black 16 gauge nickel-plated spade lugs
- Three blue 16 gauge nickel-plated spade lugs
- One black 18 gauge spade terminal
- Two 18 gauge red butt connector
- Ten 4" black zip ties
|Wire gauge size||8|
|Item Returns||This item can be returned|